I am a freelance writer/journalist/editor with a passion for social justice. I write for various online publications and websites.
Here's my resume:
Job Objective: To obtain freelance writing and editing projects.
Writing and Editing Skills
• Able to write well and effectively about a variety of subjects
• Familiar with AP writing style.
• Can write website copy (SEO)
• Published in numerous online publications
• Able to write articles quickly
• Able to write headlines that catch attention
• Able to write newsletters
• Experience editing for a small publishing company and online publications
Marketing & PR Skills
• Experience in public relations/marketing
• Possess good communication skills.
• Able to write press releases and copy for brochures and flyers
• Planned fundraising events for non-profit organization.
• Organized promotional activities.
• Established and maintained good rapport with authors at publishing company.
• Planned and implemented author tours for publishing company.
• Effective communicator.
• Know how to obtain publicity for events.
• Successfully came up with marketing ideas and implemented them.
• Regularly use social networking sites to promote my writing.
• Can design brochures, flyers, and newsletters.
• Can complete work assignments on time with little supervision.
• Efficient, detail-oriented, and skilled at time management.
• Know HTML.
B.A. in Mass Communications & Journalism at California State University of Fresno
I just came across your profile in this network. I would like to extend an invitation to join Allvoices.com. It’s a citizen journalist site. We discuss, debate and write about everything under the sun here. Allvoices also has an incentive program for writers and they can earn up to $10,000 cash. Register at http://www.allvoices.com/journalism and start contributing.